It’s a fact that mattress shopping is one of the most tedious tasks ever. With so many options, it’s so hard to decide on which one to get. Choosing one is also a challenge in itself, as lying down on mattress after mattress to tell which one feels the best can really take a toll on you.
Just like other things that require some effort, you can always opt to work hard or work smart. You can opt to visit countless mattress stores in your area or narrow your options down and then make a call. How to do this? Here are some easy tips you can try in finding the right mattress for you.
1. Do a good deal of research.
There are lots of things that you need to know about mattresses and their manufacturers. Try to get yourself acquainted with the mattress industry and you’ll discover that while shopping for one can be a challenge, finding the best one at a great price is not so difficult.
While trying to know everything you possibly can about mattresses, be on the lookout for these things:
- Innerspring vs. foam. Try to learn the difference between these two major mattress types as they can easily make or break your sleep. Both has their own pros and cons, so you’ll want to know more about those things. If you want the best of both worlds, hybrid mattresses (those made with both innerspring and high quality foam) are also available.
- Polyurethane, memory, or latex foam? If you’re partial about getting foam mattresses, learn more about these three types of mattresses and what they can bring to the table. For example, polyurethane foam can be the cheapest varieties, memory foam is always noted for heating up, and latex is popular for being an all natural option. Each has their own special offer, so make sure to take note of everything before heading out and trying them out.
2. Stick with the brand’s signature products.
For example, King Koil is best known for its innerspring mattresses but they also sell memory foam mattresses. If you want to get the best products from this brand, it’s best if you stick with what they’re best known for. Sure, their memory foam beds could also be just as great, but if you haven’t seen rave reviews about them, their niche product is still the safest bet. If you really want memory foam, you can always check manufacturers known for such products like Tempurpedic.
Why? While expanding to other mattress types is a nice move for a lot of brands in this line, the items that they are best known for are still their top notch products. This will guarantee great quality as they are already experts in manufacturing their signature products.
3. Read reviews.
You can easily narrow down your options by reading reviews. Be discerning of brands with negative reviews from various websites, especially those with awful customer service. A mattress is a big ticket purchase, so you want a company who will appreciate your business and will take care of you, so how they handle customers matter. You should also be on the lookout for common product complaints. If a brand or specific product seems to have a specific defect, cross it out on your list of mattresses to try.
Let reviews give you an idea on how you can narrow down your options. You can make a list of items you want to try and skip, letting you save time and energy in trying a lot of mattresses that aren’t the right match for you.
4. Go mattress shopping armed and ready.
If you really want to get the right mattress for your good night’s sleep, you can’t skip going to mattress stores and trying them out. It’s a must so you don’t have to go through the hassle of sticking with a bed that you can’t sleep in. Even if you’re going to purchase a mattress online, it’s still best to try them out first at the store.
While this is dreaded by many, the right preparations will help you out. Remember to:
- Wear comfortable clothes so you can really get the feel of the mattress.
- Bring your lists if you’ve made some. Use this as a guide in which stores to visit and mattresses to lay down in.
- Lay down on each mattress for at least 10 minutes. Make sure to test out your sleeping position. This way, you’ll get a good grasp of how the product’s surface feels.
- Use pillows when trying mattresses out. This way you can really get a good feel of each mattress easily.
- Ask the salesman questions about the mattress. Try to know more about the materials used in each mattress and about their store’s policies about returns, exchanges, warranties, and repairs.
- Ask about deals. Sometimes you can get discounts if you just ask your salesperson about it. You might even get some freebies as well.
How to tell if the mattress is right for you? You’ll feel it once you’ve tried it. So don’t be afraid of going mattress shopping, especially since it means that you’ll get nights of comfort and quality sleep with it.